1) PURPOSE: To define the Selection of Appointment and Working of Impartiality Committee.
2) ACTIVITY: Monitor RBSCertiﬁcation Services & assist in the formulation of Policy.
3) ACCOUNTABILITY: MD/QM
4) PREFACE: RBS has appointed an impartiality committee has been constituted by the RBS Board of Director. The committee will act as an Impartial and independent body with no single interest predominating, to assist in the formulation of policy matters relating to RBSCertiﬁcation Services provided in India & Overseas the ongoing implementation.
5) APPOINTMENT: DTO identiﬁes the availability of such experts and their CV’s are reviewed by the Board of Directors. After the initial acceptance by the Board of Directors, DTO issues the request letters to the probable members by giving the details of the Certiﬁcation process and expectations from the committee members. Acceptance of the members is then obtained and the process of the appointment of the chairman is then decided in the 1st probable meeting. DTO will invite the members from clients of the RBS, customers of organizations whose management systems are certiﬁed, representatives of industry trade associations, representatives of governmental regulatory bodies or other governmental services, or representatives of non-governmental organizations, including consumer organizations.
6) STRUCTURE: The Committee comprises of suitably qualiﬁed persons with technical expertise, representing various interests, in a balanced manner, who are nominated by the professional institutions, industry and management associations and users. The Impartial Committee shall meet at least once in a year and additionally, as and when required by the RBS Board of Directors. The Impartial Committee will at the request of RBS Board of Directors, consider and approve the expansion of the Committee by inclusion of additional members to represent the technology and industry sectors for which accreditation is required from the accrediting bodies. The nomination of additional members shall ensure the balanced representation of various interests without any single interest to predominate. In the event of any existing Committee member's resignation or inability to continue to undertake the ﬁmctional responsibilities. as per the terms additional members may be nominated without disturbing the balance between various interests. The impartiality committee has access to all information related RBS Management System Certiﬁcation services. DTO of RBS Management System attends the meeting in an ofﬁcial capacity with right to vote. The Impartiality Committee has constituted separate Experts Panels comprising experts in each panel specializing in their area of expertise to assist the Committee, as and when required, in their respective area of expertise.
7) ROLES & RESPONISIBILITIES:The roles and responsibilities of the Impartiality Committee are set out below:
The term of appointment of each member will be for a period of 3 years from the date of the nomination which may be extended for a further period of one year. The nominating organization may re- nominate the existing member or nominate a new member after the maximum term of 4 years. At least one third of the total number of the committee members with a minimum of three members are required to be present to constitute a quorum of holding a meeting. It shall be ensured that members constituting the minimum number required for quorum provide a balance of interests. The Impartiality Committee shall elect a Chairman out of its members by simple majority vote in the ﬁrst Impartiality Committee meeting. The Chairman will hold ofﬁce for a period of three year but may be re-elected for a further term of one year. The impartiality Committee meeting shall be conducted on yearly basis (at least once in 12 month).